APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS POSITION
POSITION: Special Events Marketing Coordinator (part-time)
ORGANIZATION: City of Elgin
SALARY: $10.00 – $14.00 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 06/26/15
CLOSING DATE: 07/10/15 11:59 PM
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Special Events Department in the City Manager’s Office, this position will be responsible for developing marketing materials and assisting with administration tasks for a variety of events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Assist with administrative duties of special events, such as:
* Assist with designing posters, distributing fliers, writing press releases and developing program forms.
* Manages Special Events website/Facebook pages, create blogs and place ads in all forms of media.
* Create a special events newsletter using Constant Contact
* Assists with permitting festivals, parades and block parties by sending out letters, following up with missing paperwork and setting up meetings.
* Attend Community Engagement Committee meetings, take minutes to distribute to committee members and update the Special Events Monthly Calendar.
* Liaison with City departments, outside agencies, volunteers, and citizens to ensure overall safety and an effective presentation of events.
* Answer and return phone calls and messages.
* Follow and implement City ordinances and regulations.
* Ensure the proper care of City equipment.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
* Work with businesses and foundations to attain sponsorships for special events. Work closely with sponsors to ensure their marketing needs are met.
* Recruit and assist in the management of volunteers for special events
* Attend and contribute to special events planning meetings as requested
* Experience working with special events and volunteers.
* Must possess strong organizational skills.
* Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills
* Must have strong customer service skills.
* Must have a High School Diploma/GED, with college credit or degree a plus.
* Fluency in the use and application of MS Office Suite and electronic mail systems
* Ability to work weekends and extended hours when necessary.
* Must be physically capable of lifting boxes up to 50 lbs, setting up tables and pop up tents, hanging banners and other similar duties
* 15 hours per week, with potential for additional hours during busy periods.
* Requires working flexible day, evening and weekend hours
Apply online at www.cityofelgin.org.