Alignment Collaborative for Education – Elgin IL.
Alignment Collaborative for Education (ACE) is a collective impact nonprofit organization whose mission is to align community resources in support of public school strategies to raise student achievement, improve the health and happiness of our children, create responsible, productive and contributing members of our society, and advance the economic and social well-being of our community. Position Summary: We are seeking an energetic and flexible individual who can provide efficient and professional administrative support to the Executive Director and the Governing Board, as well as other office members in a variety of administrative and office tasks. Candidate must have an appreciation for working within a diverse community. This is a 24-29 hour a week Non- Exempt position. The schedule is set from Monday -Friday. Employee May be required to work late evenings or weekends when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists for Governing Board, Operating Board, and all A-Teams.
- Maintain email databases.
- Prepare and distribute materials for all meetings of the Operating Board, Governing Board and A-Teams.
- Facilitate communication with Executive Director, Governing Board, Operating Board, and A-Teams, and provide them first-level administrative support for their activities, including generating meeting agendas, taking minutes and notes at Board and A-Team meetings, and creating written communications.
- Coordinate meeting details involving Executive Director, Governing Board, Operating Board, and A-Teams. Set meetings, coordinate calendars, and work with outside community partners where meetings are held.
- Assist in development of team implementation plans, assessment plans, and continuous improvement plans.
- Maintain management plans (timelines, milestones, etc.) for team work.
- Ensure active and ongoing participation of A-Team and Governing Board members, including attendance record-keeping. Assist in succession process of A-Team chairs and vice chairs and Governing Board members.
- Train and provide technical assistance to team members on ACE website and other technical tools.
- Answer inquiries, take messages, and provide support for community members who call with inquiries about ACE.
- Organize and update filing.
- Assist with financial reports as required.
- Prepare invoices and financial statements as directed.
- Any other activities as determined by the Executive Director.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Strong understanding of the structure and content of the English language.
- High level of accuracy, professionalism, and self-motivation.
- Efficient organization, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple, simultaneous, and complex projects with an acute attention to detail.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree with administrative experience or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Advanced application/usage of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with non-profits a plus
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comfortable communicating on the phone, through e-mail, and having face-to-face discussions daily.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Majority of tasks and projects will be performed indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with a moderate noise level. However, there is some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items under 10 lbs. Also, the employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity. Some repetitive motion is involved.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Raquel McCormick – Executive Director Mccormickace@gmail.com Office : 224-227-7534